turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am in a federally mandated disaster area, and I am trying to deduct casualties and thefts due to flood. Shouldn't it only take $500 off and not deduct -10% of AGI?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am in a federally mandated disaster area, and I am trying to deduct casualties and thefts due to flood. Shouldn't it only take $500 off and not deduct -10% of AGI?

Form 4864 Casualties and Thefts has not yet been finalized for tax year 2017.  It should be available on 01/18/2018 (subject to change.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for IRS forms availability - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-perso...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Form 4864 Casualties and Thefts has not yet been finalized for tax year 2017.  It should be available on 01/18/2018 (subject to change.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for IRS forms availability - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-perso...

Thank you, guess I was trying to get a jump on my taxes and I need to hold my horses.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies