turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tsrod

I am imputing my charitable donations and in the past my refund amount would change as each donation was input. It is no longer doing this. Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR
Expert Alumni

I am imputing my charitable donations and in the past my refund amount would change as each donation was input. It is no longer doing this. Why?

This year the standard deduction substantially increased. The amounts for the standard deduction for 2018 returns are: Single/Married Filing Separately - $12,000, Head of Household - $18,000,  Married Filing Jointly - $24,000.  If the total of your itemized deductions is below the standard deduction, this may account for the fact that you are not seeing the refund increase with the addition of your charitable donations. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieR
Expert Alumni

This year the standard deduction substantially increased. The amounts for the standard deduction for 2018 returns are: Single/Married Filing Separately - $12,000, Head of Household - $18,000,  Married Filing Jointly - $24,000.  If the total of your itemized deductions is below the standard deduction, this may account for the fact that you are not seeing the refund increase with the addition of your charitable donations. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies