• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsrod

I am imputing my charitable donations and in the past my refund amount would change as each donation was input. It is no longer doing this. Why?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR

I am imputing my charitable donations and in the past my refund amount would change as each donation was input. It is no longer doing this. Why?

This year the standard deduction substantially increased. The amounts for the standard deduction for 2018 returns are: Single/Married Filing Separately - $12,000, Head of Household - $18,000,  Married Filing Jointly - $24,000.  If the total of your itemized deductions is below the standard deduction, this may account for the fact that you are not seeing the refund increase with the addition of your charitable donations. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieR

This year the standard deduction substantially increased. The amounts for the standard deduction for 2018 returns are: Single/Married Filing Separately - $12,000, Head of Household - $18,000,  Married Filing Jointly - $24,000.  If the total of your itemized deductions is below the standard deduction, this may account for the fact that you are not seeing the refund increase with the addition of your charitable donations. 

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v