turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bbaraka10

If I sold old car and bought new one, how to add the new car? Professional development expenses but can't put them in. How to input medicare coverage.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If I sold old car and bought new one, how to add the new car? Professional development expenses but can't put them in. How to input medicare coverage.

I am guessing you are talking about buying a new car for your business?  If so, the interview process asks if you have purchased a new/different car for your business, and whether you have sold a car.  Proceed from there.

TT provides a fairly comprehensive business expense list, but if your expense doesn't fit into one of those categories, the interview process asks if you have other expenses you would like to enter.  Click yes and add the PD expenses.

Not sure what your medicare coverage question is.  So sorry.

bbaraka10

I need help navigating the website. I can see the registration fee for the new car, but this is primarily a personal car as I work from home. I have been searching for a place to put in additional business expenses, but can't find it. I use QB self-employed and its chart of accounts is limited so "other business expenses" is a huge catchall.

On the Medicare issue. Because I'm on SS, I am covered for basic medical through Medicare. But the instructions are unclear and tell me to select something but I don't see any option for Medicare. Since it's not a separate plan purchased through an exchange or privately, nothing seems to fit.
bbaraka10

I'm thinking I should just delete this return and start all over. Trying to correct things is cumbersome and unintuitive.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies