mea-corrinne13

I am getting a EIC for my daughter even though her mother claimed her, is this correct

I put in her info but said that I did not contribute more than half of the expenses and that her mother would claim her, I am not getting a child tax credit but it is saying I get a EIC partially because of her. I just don't want to have to amend my return.

TaxGuyBill

If you live together and the other person is claiming your daughter, don't enter the daughter into your TurboTax return at all.  You should go back and delete the information for her.

TaxGuyBill

Do you live with her mother?
If not, who did the daughter live with for more nights during the year?
mea-corrinne13

we live together
TaxGuyBill

mea-corrinne13

Thank you
TaxGuyBill

You are welcome.