I am a teacher working on my National Board Certification, can I claim this as a deduction or credit?

My national board fees were more than 2% of my AGI, but it only puts down the $250 educator deduction. What am I doing wrong?

Yes, you can deduct tuition and books required to perform your job, improve your skills, or maintain your current salary or status. 

This will be claimed as Job-Related Expenses Deduction. The first thing you should know about the Job-Related Expenses Deduction is that it is very difficult to qualify for this deduction. That's because the expense limit is so high. In order to qualify, your job-related expenses must be more than 2% of your AGI (adjusted gross income).

To enter this in TurboTax: click on the "Federal Taxes" tab > "Deductions & Credits" > scroll down to   "Employment Expenses", click show more > click start next to Job-Related Expenses.