I am a teacher and keep a one room office in my home

I am trying clarify this deduction of space as a teacher working over time daily w/o compensation.  Trying to fill this in correctly.

Unfortunately, you cannot deduct your home office expenses.   To take a deduction for your home office, you must regularly use a portion of your home exclusively for conducting business.

Also, it must be your principal place of business. If you are an employee looking to take the home office deduction, you must also be using your home for the convenience of your employer, rather than for your own convenience

This link may also be helpful:

Can I Take the Home Office Deduction?

Hi,

Considering Teachers are now teaching from home due to the mandated school closures will we be able to deduct costs for 2020 if this lasts a couple of months.  If so what kinds of records should I be keeping.  I have had to buy a new web camera and a large whiteboard for home.  Thanks for your help

Brad

Unfortunately, the home office deduction is not allowable on your federal tax return based on the circumstances you laid out in your post.

Educator expenses are allowable, up to $250. You just need to keep receipts for your expenses.