tomlanelle

I am a private piano teacher and teach in my home. Can I deduct for musical concert tickets, travel to concerts and meals while away?

Anita01

Business expenses have to be both ordinary and necessary.  I think you would have a very hard time proving that it was necessary for you to attend these concerts in order to teach from home, rather then just listening to live or taped performances.

Anita01

toneyks

I am a professional violinist.  I would like to comment on your answer:  "listening to live or taped performances" is NEVER the same as experiencing a performance at the venue!!
calimusic

I am also a prof violinist. Where on Schedule C can we deduct concert tickets?
toneyks

I am not an expert but I included that in my Professional Expenses catagory that I added under  "Other Expenses"