scotttc10

I am a liquor sales rep. So I have to continuously improve my relationship with my accounts. Part of this is by patronizing these places. Can I write off these expenses?

AmyT

If these are considered to be ordinary and necessary business expenses in your industry, you may be able to deduct part of these expenses.

Note:  There is a limit on the deductiblilty of Meals & Entertainment expenses of 50% of the cost.  These expenses fall within this category.

Unreimbursed job-related expenses are deductible on Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) and are subject to the 2% floor for miscellaneous itemized deductions.  To input your job-related expenses (TurboTax Deluxe edition or higher is required to file itemized deductions):

AmyT