If you were required to pay for gas or insurance out-of-pocket for your job, you can use the steps below to enter your costs.
Follow the instructions below to add a new vehicle:
1. Select "Federal Taxes" at the top of the page
2. Select the "Deductions & Credits" sub-tab
3. Scroll down to "Employment Expenses" and select "Show More"
4. Select "Start" next to "Job-Related Expenses"
Select "Edit" next to your occupation(Or enter it when asked)
6. Continue forward through the screens answering the questions to enter your vehicle information and to enter mileage
After entering your mileage you should arrive to a screen asking "Do You Want to Enter Your Actual Expenses?", answer "Yes". On the next page enter your insurance in the Vehicle Insurance box
8. Continue entering your information until finished
Visit this link for more information on work expenses: Job-related Expenses