Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How do I report foreign income?

1 Reply
New Member

How do I report foreign income?

To include your foreign income on your 2016 tax return follow these steps:

How to Enter Foreign Income

• Open your tax return in Turbotax

• Go to Federal Taxes

• Select Wages & Income

• Click I'll choose what I work on

• Scroll down the page to the last section Less Common Income and select Show More

• Select Start to the right of Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion

• Go through this section and enter the income that you earned abroad.

Please note: if you received a W-2, it should be flagged as foreign income in the follow-up questions of the W-2 entry.  You need to check the box indicating that you worked outside the U.S.  

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies