turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I add "items" once I mistakenly clicked on "done" with the item category. Now there is no "add" button for additional charities or donations. Suggestions?

I have used this program for years and this is the first time this has happened. Frustrating!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I add "items" once I mistakenly clicked on "done" with the item category. Now there is no "add" button for additional charities or donations. Suggestions?

jeannevoight:

The product displayed next to your screen name above is "ItsDeductible Online", so I'll assume you are asking about the ItsDeductible website as opposed to the built-in ItsDeductible applet inside a TurboTax product.

Here's how to add more items in ItsDeductible Online, either to an existing charity or a new one.

• Sign into ItsDeductible, and click the tab for the year in question.
  • On the screen that shows the 4 types of donations, on the ITEMS line click EDIT (screen image #1).
  • If you entered other donations previously, you will see a list of them by date.  (see screen image #2)
  • You can add or edit items for that previously-entered donation if desired, by clicking the adjacent buttons.
  • To add additional donation dates for that charity or donations to additional charities, scroll down and choose the blue button "Add Item Donation" (screen image #2)
  • On next screen (image #3), choose an existing charity from the dropdown menu and put the date.  Or to add a new charity, use the blue button "Add a Charity."

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vikingrdh46
Returning Member

I have the same problem.  No ADD items feature showing after entering the first item in each categories.

How do I list donations?

jeannevoight:

The product displayed next to your screen name above is "ItsDeductible Online", so I'll assume you are asking about the ItsDeductible website as opposed to the built-in ItsDeductible applet inside a TurboTax product.

Here's how to add more items in ItsDeductible Online, either to an existing charity or a new one.

• Sign into ItsDeductible, and click the tab for the year in question.
  • On the screen that shows the 4 types of donations, on the ITEMS line click EDIT (screen image #1).
  • If you entered other donations previously, you will see a list of them by date.  (see screen image #2)
  • You can add or edit items for that previously-entered donation if desired, by clicking the adjacent buttons.
  • To add additional donation dates for that charity or donations to additional charities, scroll down and choose the blue button "Add Item Donation" (screen image #2)
  • On next screen (image #3), choose an existing charity from the dropdown menu and put the date.  Or to add a new charity, use the blue button "Add a Charity."

vikingrdh46
Returning Member

I had the same problem with ItsDeductibleOnline which I have used successfully for years (couldn't add more than one entry per category) and, with some out loud thinking with Intuit support on the phone, we came to the conclusion that some (maybe all) Intuit applications don't always play well with Microsoft Edge browser. The Intuit support person says that "they" always suggest using Chrome browser with Intuit applications. I told her that I had never seen that suggestion anywhere in their literature before. Anyhow, using Chrome browser has fixed my problem with entering my additional donations and mileage. I got all my deductions entered successfully the next day with using this tip! Give it a try. RDH

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies