• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smconvey
Level 1

How do I import charitable donations from Its Deductible to Turbo Tax -- why is this so difficult?

@mesquitebean, currently, none of your solutions work due to a bug that's been an issue for weeks. I called support and they confirmed the following prompt does not appear:

"Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"

I spent hours entering in all of my charitable donation receipts into ItsDeductible online, but have no way of importing them into my TurboTax online tax return. My only options are to manually re-enter them all or wait until the bug is fixed. 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

How do I import charitable donations from Its Deductible to Turbo Tax -- why is this so difficult?

You can import directly from the Charitable Donations section in either TurboTax Online or the Desktop/CD version.  In the Deductions & Credits list, there is an option to Import from ItsDeductible.   The first image is from the desktop software and the image below is from TurboTax Online.  

@smconvey

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
smconvey
Level 1

@DawnC, your workaround works, thanks. It's also described here with detailed screenshots: 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/re-to-begin-importing-donation-i...

mesquitebean
Level 15

@ smconvey 

All 4 methods in my other thread work for me last night and this afternoon.  I don't know why they don't for you, unless it's browser-related.  Perhaps a different browser would make a difference, but it's a moot point if you've been able to succeed. 

BTW, it appears you succeeded by using Method 4 from the other thread, which had been described in more detail over there (link below).  I suspect the screen images above helped you, however, since they illustrate Method 4.

I just left a couple of screen images in the other thread that show my results from the methods in that thread.   I don't know why the first 3 aren't working for you, unless it's browser-related. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-how-do-i-import-from-it-s-deductible-online-to...

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v