Solved: How do I get past this error? What-If worksheet;Prior year earned income-1 must be greater than your current year earned income to be used for the earned income credit.

How do I get past this error? What-If worksheet;Prior year earned income-1 must be greater than your current year earned income to be used for the earned income credit.

Not trying to claim earned income credit. This is a return for my daughter who is a student and my dependent.

I was able to get around this by starting a new 2017 return and NOT TRANSFERRING 2016 return into it.

It requires more data entry as you'll have to re-enter all data that would've transferred but it does eliminate that error from coming up when you run smart check.

Hope that helps!

WH

Hope that helps!

WH