Please see the TurboTax Help article "How do I enter Form 8862?" for guidance on Form 8862.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
No one can walk you through the form as TurboTax is a self-preparation software. Please see instructions below.
How do I enter Form 8862?
- Open your return if you don't already have it open. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and select Pick up where you left off button.)
- In the search box, search for 8862 and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
- You'll come to the Earned Income Credit section. Select Continue.
- Answer the questions and eventually you'll be asked Do any of these uncommon situations apply? Check the box that says, I/we got a letter/notice from the IRS telling me/us to fill out an 8862 form to claim the Earned Income Credit.
- Select Continue and then Done.
- On the Since you got an IRS notice, we need to check on a few things screen, select the radio button next to No, none of these apply and I need to fill out the 8862 form.
- Select Continue.
- Answer the remaining questions.
We'll help you file Form 8862 when you're ready.
Still have questions?Make a post