Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How do I enter income from a foreign employer. I don't have w2

1 Reply
Level 13
Level 13

How do I enter income from a foreign employer. I don't have w2

the easiest for me has been to -->  under personal income tab, select "I will do on my own" and then from the from drop down list of incomes, near the bottom, "other not so common...". In this block  find " Foreign earned income and exclusion..." then select the  blue  enter/ edit button. This will then walk you through all that is required for this type of income and will fill out the forms 2555 ( checking for whether you qualify for the  Foreign Earned Income Exclusion ) and, depending on your situation and selection, form 1116 ( Foreign Tax Credit).  When all done  you should see  your foreign wages  show up on line 7 of Form 1040 and the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion amount as a NEGATIVE number on line 21 of the same 1040 -- with a note .  Hope this helps 

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies