Solved: How do I enter foreign taxes paid from an IRA account to obtain a credit on form 1116? There is no 1099-DIV for this account.

bill-johnson60

How do I enter foreign taxes paid from an IRA account to obtain a credit on form 1116? There is no 1099-DIV for this account.

Taxes were paid to Switzerland from two different equities in this account. I did start taking an RMD from this account in 2018. Per my advisor Federal taxes and state taxes paid from this account on the RMD do not count towards the RMD so that  is clear, but I think I should get a credit for the foreign taxes deducted from this account. Since it an IRA account no 1099-DIV was received, just a 1099-R for the  RMD with Federal and state taxes listed.

KittyM

Unfortunately, what happens in your IRA stays in your IRA.  The only thing that goes on your return is the 1099-R.

KittyM