wolfpack1972

How do I download my return in .tax2016 format? The FAQ about this says to select Tools from the My Account menu, but no Tools options exists.

AnthonyC

If you have already filed your return, then you have to download it a different way - also, if you JUST filed, then you may have to wait a day as your return needs to be accepted by IRS/State before the Tax Timeline options will show.

• Log into your account
  • Hit the My TurboTax (formally Taxes) tab and select My Tax Timeline in the dropdown menu
  • You should see your Federal and State returns and their statuses
  • Scroll down towards the bottom until you reach the section Some Other Things You Can Do
  • Choose Download .taxfile:  The .taxfile is the TurboTax extension of your tax file.  It is required to open your return if you ever needed to use the desktop program to amend your return in later years, so it is good to keep a copy of this just in case (though you won't be able to open it without TurboTax software installed on your computer)

If you have NOT filed yet, but are not seeing the Tools option under My Account, then make sure you are hitting Take Me To My Return after you log in.  The Tools option will not appear until after you click that button.

AnthonyC

• Log into your account