Solved: How do I deduct vehicle expenses when I drove my own car to a convention related to my online business? Can I just use the mileage for my deduction? What form do I need?

How do I deduct vehicle expenses when I drove my own car to a convention related to my online business? Can I just use the mileage for my deduction? What form do I need?

I don't use my car in my business, only for this convention. Do I have to fill out the whole car expense form? Is there a way I can deduct the expenses as Travel Expenses?

Yes, you can deduct your vehicle expenses.  You can use either mileage or actual expenses. 

These expenses will be entered on Form 2106 and then transferred to Schedule C

Yes, you need to fill out the whole car expense form/ answer all the questions asked about the car.  

The correct way to deduct the travel in your own vehicle to and from the convention is to report it as a vehicle/mileage expense filling out the car worksheet

Thank you Vanessa!