Solved: How do I deduct my electric car charger? Apparently, the tax bill allows the purchase of an electric-car charger to be taken as a credit on 2017 tax returns.

How do I deduct my electric car charger? Apparently, the tax bill allows the purchase of an electric-car charger to be taken as a credit on 2017 tax returns.

You are correct.  On February 9th, 2018, Congress retroactively extended this through 2017.  

It will likely take several weeks for the IRS and TurboTax to get the Forms ready for that, so you may want to wait to file your tax return.  The other alternative is to file now without it, then amend your tax return later to add the credit.

You can keep checking back in your return to see when it's available.