In the initial version of my return I elected to use the simplified method to determine home-office deduction. I now want to use Form 8829, which will undoubtedly yield a larger deduction. How do I get back into my return, at the right location, to do this?
Since there wasn't much entry needed for the simplified method, the easiest way would be to delete a home office form from your return and reënter.
To delete the form in TurboTax Online:
- Sign in to TurboTax, if you're not already signed in, and open your return. Make sure you've gone past the blue simple and accurate screen.
- In the upper right corner, click My Account > Tools.
- In the pop-up window, select Delete a form.
- Select Delete next to Schedule C -- Form 8829 (or if you are claiming the home office deduction as an employee it will be Form 2106 -- Form 2106 Adjustments Wks -- Employee Home Office Wks)
To enter your home office expense along with other common business expenses (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.):
· Type “Schedule C” in the Search box.
· Select the “Jump to” link.
· Select Add expenses for this work (or Edit and navigate down to Business Expenses).