Solved: How do I answer TT question "How did you enter home office expenses in 2015" ?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I answer TT question "How did you enter home office expenses in 2015" ?

I did NOT have a home office in 2015, but did have one for 2016 that I'm now trying to claim the deduction for. How do I answer this TT interview question: "How did you enter home office expenses in 2015" ? The ONLY two answers shown on the TT interview screen are : a)I entered actual expenses OR b)I took the simplified deduction.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 5

Answer that you took the Simplified Deduction.  The purpose of the question is primarily to track years of depreciation on the home.  The Simplified Deduction doesn't take depreciation, so it won't affect anything with your tax filing.  Also, make sure your date is correct for the date your home was placed in service.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 5

Answer that you took the Simplified Deduction.  The purpose of the question is primarily to track years of depreciation on the home.  The Simplified Deduction doesn't take depreciation, so it won't affect anything with your tax filing.  Also, make sure your date is correct for the date your home was placed in service.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings