How deduct self-employed health insurance premium deductions in addition to 1095-A?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruffled59

How deduct self-employed health insurance premium deductions in addition to 1095-A?

When I enter my self-employed Form 1095-A medical premiums via Business Deductions and Credits>Self-employed Health Insurance Paid, TT directs me to enter1095-A since my medical plan was purchased through marketplace. However, it does not allow me to enter additional premiums that are not listed on the 1095-A, specifically my dental premiums. TT support asked me to delete 1095-A, enter dental premiums via Sch. C then re-enter 1095-A. Does not work, continues to force only 1095-A premiums. Forced to override total health insurance deduction on 1040 Ln. 29. Any solutions or workarounds?

1 Reply
DanO

You will need to upgrade to TurboTax Home & Business to make the entries in the Schedule C.

Once you are in Home & Business, here is how you can enter your Insurance for Dental Premiums.

• Click on the Business button on top bar, then click Continue
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on
  • Go to Profit or Loss under Business Income and Expense and click update
  • Click edit on your business or Add Another Business
  • Scroll down to Other Common Business Expenses under Business Expenses and click Start
  • Scroll down to Insurance Payments and click Start
  • Go to Health Insurance Premiums and click Start  - Your dental can be added here.
  • Enter Description and Amount and then Continue 
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings