How deduct self-employed health insurance premium deductions in addition to 1095-A?

ruffled59

When I enter my self-employed Form 1095-A medical premiums via Business Deductions and Credits>Self-employed Health Insurance Paid, TT directs me to enter1095-A since my medical plan was purchased through marketplace. However, it does not allow me to enter additional premiums that are not listed on the 1095-A, specifically my dental premiums. TT support asked me to delete 1095-A, enter dental premiums via Sch. C then re-enter 1095-A. Does not work, continues to force only 1095-A premiums. Forced to override total health insurance deduction on 1040 Ln. 29. Any solutions or workarounds?

DanO

You will need to upgrade to TurboTax Home & Business to make the entries in the Schedule C.

Once you are in Home & Business, here is how you can enter your Insurance for Dental Premiums.

• Click on the Business button on top bar, then click Continue
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on
  • Go to Profit or Loss under Business Income and Expense and click update
  • Click edit on your business or Add Another Business
  • Scroll down to Other Common Business Expenses under Business Expenses and click Start
  • Scroll down to Insurance Payments and click Start
  • Go to Health Insurance Premiums and click Start  - Your dental can be added here.
  • Enter Description and Amount and then Continue