Solved: How can I write off partial cell phone and internet bills since my employer requires both?

mrmakowsky

How can I write off partial cell phone and internet bills since my employer requires both?

TomK

As an employee, you may be able to deduct certain unreimbursed expenses that the IRS considers "ordinary and necessary" to do your job. Job-related expenses aren't fully deductible as they're subject to the 2% rule.

In taxes, the 2% rule refers to the limitation on certain types of miscellaneous deductions, including unreimbursed job-related expenses (Form 2106), tax preparation fees, investment or advisory fees, and safe deposit box rentals.

Under the 2% rule, you're only allowed to deduct the portion of miscellaneous expenses that exceeds 2% of your adjusted gross income (AGI). You must also itemize to get this deduction (Schedule A).

Follow the instructions in the link below enter job-related expenses:

TomK