turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jaewens1

How can I view the return before I finish it. I have worked and worked on this and I think I have my home office and mileage info in there twice in different areas

the more I try to fix it the more I mess it up.  do you charge for me to speak to someone on the phone?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmandaR1

How can I view the return before I finish it. I have worked and worked on this and I think I have my home office and mileage info in there twice in different areas

If you're an employee you should enter your expenses under Deductions & Credits >>> Job Expenses. If you're self-employed or receive income on a 1099-misc box 7, then you should enter your expenses under Self-employed income & expenses, which you'll find under Federal Taxes >>> Wages & Income  >>> Self-employment. **If you don't have the Federal Taxes tab, then you'll find this under the Business tab. 

You can preview your form 1040 at any time by following the steps below. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302322

You can view all of the forms, including schedule A itemized deductions (where job expenses will show) and schedule C (where self-employed income and expenses are reported), after you pay for the software in Step #1 under the File tab. Then, you'll print all of your forms, before filing, by following the below steps: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3338601

No charge to call support if you're using a paid edition of the software (Ie. not federal free). Allow plenty of time, this time of year for your call. Please click here to contact TurboTax Support for additional assistance.  Enter a question, like "privacy", then you will enter your info and be provided with a phone number to call.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies