turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I leave US address fields blank since I'm gonna use foreign address box?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I leave US address fields blank since I'm gonna use foreign address box?

Yes, but see this -

If you entered a Foreign Address and at one time had a US address in your information and are finding the US address remaining in the background during error check - Try these steps to resolve this issue - 

• Return to the My Info section and select the edit next to your mailing address
  • Change the mailing address drop-down box from Foreign address back to US address
  • You may see part of your US address still there (i.e City Name) - remove any US entries still present
  • Change the drop-down box back to Foreign address from US address
  • Reenter your current foreign address and continue to file your return

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, but see this -

If you entered a Foreign Address and at one time had a US address in your information and are finding the US address remaining in the background during error check - Try these steps to resolve this issue - 

• Return to the My Info section and select the edit next to your mailing address
  • Change the mailing address drop-down box from Foreign address back to US address
  • You may see part of your US address still there (i.e City Name) - remove any US entries still present
  • Change the drop-down box back to Foreign address from US address
  • Reenter your current foreign address and continue to file your return
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies