Solved: How can I enter recurring public transportation costs (not mileage) for charitable work? Or does each trip need to be entered separately?

How can I enter recurring public transportation costs (not mileage) for charitable work? Or does each trip need to be entered separately?

I take public transportation weekly to teach an adult education class for a charity.  The form seems only to allow the entry of recurring mileage and not public transportation costs.  Please let me know if there is a way to enter the public transportation as a recurring cost so I can avoid having to enter it separately for each trip.  Thank you. 

You enter it in the mileage category but enter it as Other Transportation Costs. In the Charity name box, choose Recurring trip. In the Other transportation costs box, enter the total amount paid during the year and a description. After entering the Other transportation costs you will see the Total donation value.

That was helpful part of the way but I still couldn't submit the information without entering something (more than 0) in the mileage box.  

Oh I see your problem. I have never used this feature and didn't realize what the issue was. You could put in 1 mile and 1 trip but I don't know how that would show up on your tax return. It would only be 14 cents and would round to 0. The easiest way would be to just enter the donation as a money donation.