How can I enter Hurricane Harvey loss (wall damage to 1 wall and food loss due to loss of power)

chantasr

SamiaI

Yes, you may be able to deduct costs for hurricane damage. 

To deduct a casualty loss in TurboTax:

• Type in casualty loss in the search box, top right of your screen, click the magnifying glass
  • Click the jump to casualty loss link in the search result
  • Follow to prompts and online instructions

Note: If you qualify for tax relief, you will use Schedule A to determine your Hurricane Loss Standard Deduction.  To qualify for the hurricane-related loss you must live in an officially declared disaster area.  If your net loss is greater than $500, you do not need to itemize and can instead increase your Standard Deduction by the loss. 

You can read here to get more information-https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4130289