If you purchased tools for work, you can enter them as job-related assets. Once they are entered you will have the option to deduct the full value(179 deduction), or you can start to depreciate them.
To remove a job-related business vehicle:
1. Select "Federal Taxes" at the top of the page
2. Select the "Deductions & Credits" sub-tab
3. Scroll down to "Employment Expenses" and select "Show More"
4. Select "Revisit" next to "Job Expenses for W-2 Income"
5. Select "Edit" next to your occupation(or enter it when prompted)
6. Continue through the next few screens until you arrive to assets
7. Choose to enter an asset and then continue to enter your tools