kimbijill

How can I change the amount on my property taxes? When I go into Update, it asks for additional taxes paid in 2018. I need to correct amount paid in 2018

DanaB

If the property tax was on your form 1098 then follow these instructions:

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click "Take Me To My Return"
  3. Click on the Search box on the top and type “1098”.   
  4. Click on “Jump to 1098"
  5. On the "Here's your 1098 info" screen click "edit" next to the form 1098 you need to edit.
  6. Continue until you get to the "Let's get the details from your 1098" screen and edit your property tax.

[Edit 4/1/2019 7:50]

DanaB

You did not find this helpful, can I clarify anything?
kimbijill

This DID NOT help.  It didn't correct the number, but added to it, like I feared.  
DanaB

Was the property tax on the form 1098?
kimbijill

Please help me correct this
DanaB

See pictures if it was on form 1098, if you edit the property tax by following the steps it will change the amount. If that for some reason doesn't work you might have to delete the form 1098 and reenter it.
kimbijill

Thanks for the pictures.  I am looking at my 1098 and there is no additional property tax paid, nor is it paid here.  Maybe I should not have put a number when prompted?
DanaB

Do you have a rental property?
kimbijill

No.  Thanks, I changed the property tax amount by going in on the mortgage interest edit line.  
I have another question.  How does a calculation occur with Estimates and Other Taxes paid?  I don't know how an amount was triggered.  Nothing applies to me in that category.  Thanks for responding.  Appreciate it.
kimbijill

Oh never mind.  I figured it out.  Thanks a lot!