Solved: Honorable Louis L. Goldstein Volunteer Fire Subtraction Modification and Form 502SU

david-lagermann

Honorable Louis L. Goldstein Volunteer Fire Subtraction Modification and Form 502SU

I noticed when filing that it says to attach a copy of my certification in order to receive the credit for this subtraction. Will Turbo tax create the Form 502SU or do I have to fill it out manually? If I need to, I'll mail it in manually, but I'd like to know if that necessary.

Anita01

TurboTax creates a 502SU form, but that's a form that contains a very long list of all sorts of adjustments to income, including this one.  Many of those adjustments require that you attach specific forms from the state as evidence that you qualify for the adjustment  Those forms come from different sources and require signatures from the issuing agency within the state. They're ancillary forms that you receive in the mail, usually, and have to attach to your return yourself and then mail in with your state return, which is what you'd do with this certificate.

Anita01