turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi. I chose the standard mileage rate for my uber and lyft deductions. can I still deduct my lunch purchases while I conducting business? if yes, where in TurboTax

I chose the standard mileage rate expense deductions for my uber and lyft taxes. Do I still need to deduct my lunch expenses? if yes, in which section. and also do I need to put in the reimbursement fees from uber such as airport fees, city fees, etc as my expenses or not. thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi. I chose the standard mileage rate for my uber and lyft deductions. can I still deduct my lunch purchases while I conducting business? if yes, where in TurboTax

Although mileage does not affect the deductibility of a meal, your lunches are not deductible unless you were gone long enough that you had to stop to sleep, such as overnight.  If you are just driving around your city or your general area then your lunch would not be deductible.

If you were reimbursed for airport fees and other fees by Uber and are not reporting these fees as income, then you would not include them as an expense.  If you are including the reimbursements as income then you would report them in the expense section. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Although mileage does not affect the deductibility of a meal, your lunches are not deductible unless you were gone long enough that you had to stop to sleep, such as overnight.  If you are just driving around your city or your general area then your lunch would not be deductible.

If you were reimbursed for airport fees and other fees by Uber and are not reporting these fees as income, then you would not include them as an expense.  If you are including the reimbursements as income then you would report them in the expense section. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies