Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

arcclnc

Hey, we calculated farm deductions with a depreciation scale last year and I don't seem to it in the self-employed change this year-what do I do with the farm equipment?

We had multiple pieces of equipment that I can't seem to find in this new calculator...
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Hey, we calculated farm deductions with a depreciation scale last year and I don't seem to it in the self-employed change this year-what do I do with the farm equipment?

I don't know what you mean by a "depreciation scale". Assets are entered into TurboTax after entering your income and expenses. TurboTax automatically calculates the allowed depreciation based on your asset entry information. They remain in the Asset Summary of TurboTax until you edit the asset when you dispose of it. You can and should print out a copy of your Depreciation Report each year to keep with your tax records. TurboTax will automatically carry your allowed depreciation forward year after year. If you are using the online version and log into the same account as last years, your 2016 allowed depreciation should be already showing in TurboTax. To find your Asset Summary, Edit your farm and go to Farm Asset section, click Start or Update.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies