Hello, What is the best service package to help me...

markluck23

Hello, What is the best service package to help me file a US federal return as a Canadian resident that will handle the foreign tax credit process?

ErnieS0

Every edition of TurboTax (from Free upward) will handle the foreign tax credit.

You did not mention the source of your U.S. income, nor whether you living in the U.S., which makes it difficult to recommend a product. TurboTax Premier handles investment income, including stock sales, Schedule K-1 income from partnerships and corporations and rental properties. TurboTax Self-Employment handles all situations covered in Premier plus income from self-employment.

You can always start with the Free or Deluxe editions. TurboTax will prompt you to upgrade from within the program if necessary.

TurboTax Live gives you unlimited access to CPAs and other credentialed tax experts to help you.

Click to Compare all products.

markluck23

Thanks Ernie! I am living in Canada. I don't have any US income, so just need to file the US federal return to reflect my foreign income. I'll give it a go and see if I can get through with the free one!