Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, What is the best service package to help me file a US federal return as a Canadian resident that will handle the foreign tax credit process?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Hello, What is the best service package to help me file a US federal return as a Canadian resident that will handle the foreign tax credit process?

Every edition of TurboTax (from Free upward) will handle the foreign tax credit.

You did not mention the source of your U.S. income, nor whether you living in the U.S., which makes it difficult to recommend a product. TurboTax Premier handles investment income, including stock sales, Schedule K-1 income from partnerships and corporations and rental properties. TurboTax Self-Employment handles all situations covered in Premier plus income from self-employment.

You can always start with the Free or Deluxe editions. TurboTax will prompt you to upgrade from within the program if necessary.

TurboTax Live gives you unlimited access to CPAs and other credentialed tax experts to help you.

Click to Compare all products.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks Ernie! I am living in Canada. I don't have any US income, so just need to file the US federal return to reflect my foreign income. I'll give it a go and see if I can get through with the free one!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies