Hello, if I donated a charitable donation on Decem...

Hello, if I donated a charitable donation on December 31 but it didn't come out of my bank account until January 3, 2021. Which year would that count as a donation?

The website where I donated says December 31 but my bank shows January 31.

The time you donated it is the year you deduct it. You should have documentation for that. 

The donation occurs when the money leaves your control.  If you could have canceled the donation before it was processed in January, then it is a January donation.  If you could not have canceled it once submitted on 12/31, then it is 12/31 donation.  

The charity may have flexibility in how they report this, depending on how their payment processing system works. If they send you a receipt for 2020, you're fine.  If they include this on a 2021 receipt next year and not a 2020 receipt, it still may be a 2020 donation for you, but you will want to keep the documents and make notes as to what happened, in case of audit.