zinch57

Hello I received a W-2C form from my employer, they didn't enter the box 12-W HSA contributions correctly, now what to do. I already received my return

LinaJ2018

You might need to amend your return by filing a Form 1040X.  If by editing information on your W-2 and revisiting HSA section do not change your total refund amount, you do not need to submit the amendment. ( In amendment, edit W-2, to your right upper corner, type in hsa in the search box to go through the section)

If you do need to amend, it can take the IRS up to 12 weeks or longer to process the amended returns.  They have to be printed and filed by mail. If you are due a larger refund than on your original return, your amended return should only show the difference and you will receive a separate check for it.  If you owe money on your amended return, it will show only the new amount owed, you will have to mail a check with the return.