turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Health insurance premiums self employed

This is listed on my W-2 line 14 and my K-1 line 17 code V but not showing up on my 1040. How do I enter this number?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GeoffreyG

To enter Health Insurance Premiums you paid as a 2% or greater Self-Employed S-Corporation member, you should perform the following steps:

• Sign into your TurboTax online account and start working anywhere on your return; or launch your TurboTax desktop file
  • Click the continue button if prompted to do so
  • Locate the Find / Search box in your TurboTax screen, which is often found in the the upper-right hand corner
  • Type in the exact search term "K-1" (without quotations) and then click the button
  • Click Jump To link for K-1 that should appear beneath
  • Proceed in the TurboTax sub-interview until you see to option to Update or Add a K-1 for S-Corp
  • If you have already entered your S-Corp K-1, then click Edit; if you have not then click Add
  • Enter all of the applicable information for your S-Corp, until you reach the "Other Situations" screen
  • Check the box next to the choice for "I personally paid health insurance . . ."
  • Click Continue until you reach the Self-Employed health Insurance screen.  Here you can enter the amounts you paid for health insurance as an S-Corp owner

In addition to these text instructions, please refer to the several attached screen-capture images below for a visual guide; simply click the pictures to open.

Thank you for asking this important question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GeoffreyG

To enter Health Insurance Premiums you paid as a 2% or greater Self-Employed S-Corporation member, you should perform the following steps:

• Sign into your TurboTax online account and start working anywhere on your return; or launch your TurboTax desktop file
  • Click the continue button if prompted to do so
  • Locate the Find / Search box in your TurboTax screen, which is often found in the the upper-right hand corner
  • Type in the exact search term "K-1" (without quotations) and then click the button
  • Click Jump To link for K-1 that should appear beneath
  • Proceed in the TurboTax sub-interview until you see to option to Update or Add a K-1 for S-Corp
  • If you have already entered your S-Corp K-1, then click Edit; if you have not then click Add
  • Enter all of the applicable information for your S-Corp, until you reach the "Other Situations" screen
  • Check the box next to the choice for "I personally paid health insurance . . ."
  • Click Continue until you reach the Self-Employed health Insurance screen.  Here you can enter the amounts you paid for health insurance as an S-Corp owner

In addition to these text instructions, please refer to the several attached screen-capture images below for a visual guide; simply click the pictures to open.

Thank you for asking this important question.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies