Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Has anyone received a refund with earned income credit or additional child tax credit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Has anyone received a refund with earned income credit or additional child tax credit?

The IRS will start processing returns with EIC and ACTC from February 15, 2020. And taxpayers will start receiving their refunds by the first week of March.

Please read this IRS document for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Our federal return was accepted on 1/27/2020. It has EITC on it .when can I expect the deposit?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Please check Where's My Refund? for your information.

@Mstaedt

Just received CP05 letter today what the hell

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

A CP05 notice is a letter from the IRS telling you that your tax return is being reviewed. This is to let you know that your refund may be delayed and that the IRS may request more information from you.

A CP05 notice doesn’t mean that you’ve done something wrong or that you’ve made an error. It’s an alert, and nothing else.

So now today I receive email from Turbo Tax. That they are going take $80. Plus fee as of April 2 . Seem funny I use there software to do our taxes for years . We get the 60 day hold letter and our state refund.  What the hell are they thinking? To take money from an account that has none? Seem kinda illegal to me.  I will using some other tax software or people next year.

they claim we are in it together and just bull! 

So today we received letter LTR 2645C. What the heck does this beside another 60 day hold dated March23,2020.

its funny we received the refund from the State of NY.

please help

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Letter 2645C means the IRS is going to need more time to review your earned income claims- unfortunately, there is no way to speed up the process.   

@Mstaedt

On Monday March 30,2020 . I contacted our local congressman they put an IRS inquiry. The congressman‘s office says there’s all kinds of people getting to 60 days for letters. We’re going to try to get some resolution from the IRS.These days of the virus we could use all the money to survive

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies