turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jason1000

Has anyone else seen an issue with turbotax not reducing federal taxes after entering property taxes paid, when itemizing deductions? State was reduced, not federal.

I have crossed the standard deduction threshold with over 30,000 in itemized deductions, yet federal taxes is not reduced when I add my property taxes. State is reduced as expected. Each of the other itemized categories reduced both federal and state as expected.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

Has anyone else seen an issue with turbotax not reducing federal taxes after entering property taxes paid, when itemizing deductions? State was reduced, not federal.

If you are subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT), the property tax amount will not impact your Federal tax liability. 

Click here for more information about AMT 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

If you are subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT), the property tax amount will not impact your Federal tax liability. 

Click here for more information about AMT 

I'm doing my 2019 taxes and have found the same thing with mortgage interest and charitable contributions.  Fed doesn't move but state reduces.  I've been using Turbotax for many years and this is the first time I've seen this.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies