Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hizzard14
Returning Member

Got 1st stimulus payment through direct deposit, filed with you guys and was forced to pay filing fees out of refund. Now because of this we are being told that we have to wait until THIS YEARS tax returns. Are we getting help?

Everything is in the title above. So many of us are going through this, why couldn't you guys just have sent it through our direct deposit/previous payment methods? You've done direct deposit with us for the past 2 years. The IRS won't answer us and now it feels that you guys won't answer us either. The only reason my stimulus is being held is because I paid for my filing fees out of my refund last year. Now what makes this extra messed up is that I started with the free option but me and my husband were FORCED to pay a filing fee for whatever reason so we went ahead and took care of it out of our refund. Now this is biting us in the ass at the worst possible time. Forward your mistakes through and cover the stimulus for each of your affected clients before you lose us all! I have seen the updates that you guys are "working with the IRS" but we have 0 contact and the IRS keeps saying that we need to wait 2-3 months. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Got 1st stimulus payment through direct deposit, filed with you guys and was forced to pay filing fees out of refund. Now because of this we are being told that we have to wait until THIS YEARS tax returns. Are we getting help?

Paying the TurboTax account fees from the federal tax refund was totally optional.  It was not forced.

See this TurboTax website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

And this TurboTax blog post - https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/why-havent-i-received-my-second-stimulus-check-48743/

IRS website for stimulus - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-on-their-way-visit-irsgov-instead-of-calling

Hizzard14
Returning Member

Me and my husband have used turbotax free the past couple of years. Last year we started with free but we ended up having to pay. We started over multiple times and bit the bullet. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies