turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MTee777
Returning Member

Full time job and Self employed e-commerce online store that I just shut down

Hi, 

First, I work at a company full time. Second, I opened a shop online in 2020 that failed after 6 months due to COVID19,  and many changes in policies from the online company. 

I am using "TT self employed LIVE" to file my taxes this year.

A couple of questions:

If I  "Get an expert final review - A tax expert can review your return before you file to make sure everything's done right" as the advertisement states, does this mean it makes me have them sign off as the preparer, or will I still be the one who prepared my taxes? 

In addition, I want to have my cost for the TT Self Employed LIVE program, e-file sending fees (Fed & State) taken out from my refund. Does anyone know how much the fee will be to have TT take out these fees from my return?

Finally, I am ready to choose my program, but before I submit I am hoping for an opinion of someone who has done this before. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Live with Full Service, a dedicated tax expert will prepare, sign, file, and guarantee your tax return for you.

Once your tax expert receives all your tax documents and information from you, it'll take 5–7 business days to complete your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MTee777
Returning Member

Thank you.

However, I decided to use TT Self Employment Live after I poured through all the sections on my taxes, and rechecked my work. The first live agent I believe his name was Michael - I am so sorry if I stated the wrong name because it was a long day, was great. He had 8 years experience and was even a Financial Planner. He went over my tax forms with me and verified I did it correctly. He even researched a few articles about the same situation someone else has like mine in the past to make sure the info was correct. He took the extra steps to help and to make sure it was right the first time..  ***The live session with him was great!!!****

On the other side, TT crashed 4 times while I tried to submit my taxes. It got hung up at the hour glass. I did  not get any messages stating there was a system problem. I tried to submit my taxes for 2 days. I called back and the woman Stephanie that I texted with on Self Employment LIVE was not able to help me. She said she would report the problem and someone would get back to me in 1 hour. I verified with Stephanie that someone would call me back. I asked for a way to verify that a tech was notified and she told me she did it. I stayed up and online an additional 2 hours waiting without a call back. **Being from a tech background, I was surprised there was no follow-up by either Stephanie or Intuit.**

During the time that I was waiting for a callback, I went through all the steps again, identical as I did before,  and finally it went through and I got verification from TT and IRS a little while later. 

In all the years I have used TT this is the first time that I used Self Employment Live. This is a good tool to help those of us that have areas we are unsure of when we do our taxes. The one-on-one face time was great. It gave a human face behind the voice, or text. The remoting in was helpful, minus the lag time that happened when the agent tried to scroll the screen to help out.

You still have areas in your self help sections that give a link to view help info only to get a blank screen with no info to help. This makes it difficult to verify we are on the correct track. I had to go to the IRS and state web sites to find the into I needed which took extra time. This is not first time this has happened on TT over the years. 

Thank you. 

Since this past Thursday, I never received a callback from TT at all.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies