turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8962

Has Turbo Tax updated Form 8962 for 2019?  If so, how can I locate it within the program?  I am using the downloaded version.

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Form 8962

The Form 8962 will not be generated until you have entered the 2019 Form 1095-A onto the tax return.

To enter your Form 1095-A -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Medical
  • On Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A), click the start or update button

Or enter 1095-a in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1095-a

View solution in original post

52 Replies

Form 8962

If you click on the REVIEW tab it will tell you which forms you are waiting on and when they are expected to be functional (subject to change)  OR  check the list here : https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

Form 8962

In the menu under Forms, select Open a Form and type 8962 in the search box.

Form 8962

The Form 8962 will not be generated until you have entered the 2019 Form 1095-A onto the tax return.

To enter your Form 1095-A -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Medical
  • On Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A), click the start or update button

Or enter 1095-a in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1095-a

Form 8962

Thanks,

The reason I was asking is that I received an incomplete 1095-A and that would require also submitting a 8962.   Best way around this is to keep good records and simply fill out the information as if it were printed on the 1095-A.  Once you do that, TurboTax automatically fills out the 8962 and includes it with the electronic submission.  Apparently, incorrect or incomplete 1095-A  statements are a common occurence.  Better to be prepared with your own research / records.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Form 8962

The IRS may choose to withhold your refund and possibly issue you a 12C letter if your 1095-A information is not included on your original return. Therefore, be sure you get the form from your Marketplace insurance provider and include it on your 2019 return. The 12C may ask for information pertaining to your 1095-A and the calculation of the Net Premium Tax Credit on Form 8962. This form reconciles the amount of the credit available to you with the amount already received as an Advance Premium Tax Credit. The result could be additional credit owed to you, or you may have to repay any amount already received in advance. Because of either of these results, it is important for taxpayers to include the information from Form 1095-A on their return.

Form 8962 is ready to go for 2019, however, the form will not generate until you enter your information from Form 1095-A. You can enter the form under Deductions and Credits - Medical as the previous user instructed. Enter the information directly from the 1095-A and TurboTax will take care of Form 8962 for you.

Health Insurance Marketplace

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 8962

Thanks for your detailed response.  My situation is that my 1095-A has missing information.  The HCM website provides direction on how to handle this, and they are basically saying fill in the info yourself from your own records.  Calls to the HCM shed no additional light on the issue other than "continue to wait and maybe it will be updated in a few weeks".  I am not yet ready to actually file, so I am being proactive in smoothing all the wrinkles before submitting.  TurboTax does the right thing by filling out the 8962 but gives no direction for missing information on the 1095-A.  Regardless, I am a long-time TurboTax user and I realize that it is my responsibility to obtain / verify all information.  By doing so I have never had an issue using Turbotax for my taxes.

Form 8962

What information is missing on the 1095-A?

RB16

Form 8962

Hello,

I filled out form 1095-A and TT generated the form 8962 but the results from 8962 seemed to be wrong.

I then downloaded the IRS instructions for 8962 and did it manually on a copy of 8962. What I found was the TT was pulling in the wrong information from my tax return for 8962- line 2b. It should be pulling in from line 8b. 1040-SR

From 8962 instructions:

1. Enter your adjusted gross income (AGI)* from Form
1040 or 1040-SR, line 8b, and Form 1040-NR,
line 35 ......

TT seems to be adding in the information SS 5a and not making adjustments to 8962 and adding it in to AGI. It should be straight from 1040-SR line 8b amount.

Thank you

Form 8962

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Paula806
Returning Member

Form 8962

I need help I need to download the form 8962

Form 8962

@Paula806 wrote:

I need help I need to download the form 8962

What tax year?  Did you use TurboTax?  If so, which program, online or desktop?  Do you have a Form 1095-A so that the Form 8962 can be generated? 

Form 8962

Can I do that now even though I already filed my taxes

Form 8962

Can I amend my 2019 tax return even after it has been sent to the irs

Form 8962

@confused101835 wrote:

Can I amend my 2019 tax return even after it has been sent to the irs

Once a tax return has been e-filed it cannot be canceled, retrieved or changed.
If you have e-filed your tax return and need to change, add or delete information on the tax return then you will need to wait for the tax return to either be accepted or rejected by the IRS.
If the tax return is rejected then you can make your changes and re-file the tax return.
If the tax return is accepted then you will have to amend the tax return to make your changes. An amended tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

On the Tax Home web page when the Form 1040X for amending a 2019 tax return becomes available there will be a link - Amend (change) return

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies