For the purpose of the property fairness credit Ma...

For the purpose of the property fairness credit Maine is using my overall income and not what was earned in the state. How can I fix this?

If you are a resident of the state of Maine and you lived there the entire year you owe taxes on all the income you earned no matter where you lived. You would be able to receive a credit for the taxes you paid to another state on income earned in that state.

If you only lived in Maine for part of the year you would need to file a Schedule NR to allocate only the Maine income to your return.

We are unable to view your return here in the Community.

To have an Agent look at your return with an Offline Review to answer your question or to schedule a time to talk to an Agent with a Live Review see What is TurboTax Live? - Community.

I'm finalizing my ME form and under Property Fairness Credit, line 5c has me running in circles. I answered 0 and it asks me to put 0 there....and then it won't let me electronically file because it wants something else there.