turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

For Noncash contributions- "enter cost/adjusted basis" - should this be done for EACH donation? So if 50 shirts were donated, do I list a cost basis for each shirt?

Fair market value from ItsDeductible was already uploaded to my return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

For Noncash contributions- "enter cost/adjusted basis" - should this be done for EACH donation? So if 50 shirts were donated, do I list a cost basis for each shirt?

Did ItsDeductible list the shirts individually? If not, you can add up the cost basis of all the shirts and enter them as one basis

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Did ItsDeductible list the shirts individually? If not, you can add up the cost basis of all the shirts and enter them as one basis

THanks so much for your response.  ItsDeductible listed my items in quantities.  However, there are MANY other donations listed, do I have to put cost basis for each individual item?

Unfortunately, yes.

Or if I had total donations to one charity of $200 market value from ITsDeductible, can I just put a cost basis for everything donated to that charity of $500?

Yes, you could do this

OK, that would save me a ton of time.  THanks so much!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies