bckchrry08

For home expenses on home office. am I relaying utilities and expenses per month, or for the entire year?

for example.  I pay $80 a month in utilities, but I worked in my home office for 9 months.  Should I enter $80 or $720

PeterM

In this case, I would enter the expenses of the home for the 9 months that you operated out of the home office. However, Turbo Tax will ask you to enter the date that you started you using the home office.

PeterM

kolb61

You did not really answer. You mentioned that turbotax ask the start date but you did not say whether turbotax already considers the start date in teh calculation.  Therefore if yes, you enter annual if no then only 9 months.