turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

For home expenses on home office. am I relaying utilities and expenses per month, or for the entire year?

for example.  I pay $80 a month in utilities, but I worked in my home office for 9 months.  Should I enter $80 or $720
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PeterM

For home expenses on home office. am I relaying utilities and expenses per month, or for the entire year?

In this case, I would enter the expenses of the home for the 9 months that you operated out of the home office. However, Turbo Tax will ask you to enter the date that you started you using the home office.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PeterM

In this case, I would enter the expenses of the home for the 9 months that you operated out of the home office. However, Turbo Tax will ask you to enter the date that you started you using the home office.

kolb61

You did not really answer. You mentioned that turbotax ask the start date but you did not say whether turbotax already considers the start date in teh calculation.  Therefore if yes, you enter annual if no then only 9 months.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies