tonycarter24

For a mortgage refinance what do I enter for origination fees and points. Entering my origination fees seems way too high but the instructions aren’t clear

LeonardS

Generally, mortgage origination fees are deductible and points have to be amortized over the life of the loan.  This link to the TurboTax Help Page  Mortgage Refinance Tax Deductions provides information on this subject that you may find useful.

NCperson

look on the closing statement from your refinance.  

there will be a line item(s) called 'origination fees and points"... you may or may not have them, based on how the mortgage was priced.