Solved: For a dependent care FSA - do you have to report dependent care expenses on the tax filing? I have already been reimbursed for these expenses.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

For a dependent care FSA - do you have to report dependent care expenses on the tax filing? I have already been reimbursed for these expenses.

TurboTax is asking for the amount we spent and the daycare EIN, we have already submitted this to our dependent care FSA administrator 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

For a dependent care FSA - do you have to report dependent care expenses on the tax filing? I have already been reimbursed for these expenses.

You must report the qualified expenses and provider information.  If not, the withdrawals from the FSA will be determined to be non-qualified and taxable.  

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

You must report the qualified expenses and provider information.  If not, the withdrawals from the FSA will be determined to be non-qualified and taxable.  

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Awesome, thank you.  Our daycare owner was not aware so we were confused, and I guess the healthcare FSA is different.  
Privacy Settings