For 2018 tax year will you be able to deduct health insurance premiums if are self employed with an LLC company

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Carl

We're dealing with the 2017 tax year now. Most of us are not up to snuff on the 2018 changes yet, since they don't apply for the current filing season. I myself have not read all of the newly passed bill yet, so it's possible the link referenced below may not be accurate. Just be aware of that.

Yes for 2017 return filed in 2018, and we don't know yet for 2018.

For more details for 2017 follow this link https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/home-ownership/deducting-health-insurance-premiums-if-youre-sel...

(Edited 01/11/2018 (3:04PM))

That might just be for  2017.  Do we know yet for 2018?

I have not read anything saying that was changed for 2018.
Carl

I myself have read less than 5% of the new bill as passed. So far, I can actually understand even less of what I've read. I've just not had the time yet to really dig into it.

Same question about 2018... it's June and I can't find the answer.

The answer to the original question is YES ... that deduction has not be removed.

Thanks Critter#2! Does that mean I can deduct COBRA premiums? I am self-employed and had family coverage under my wife's employer plan but she quit and now we have the option of COBRA. Being self-employed, I would hope I could deduct the huge premiums like other businesses get to do... but it's my wife's COBRA (but it is a family plan that covers me and my child as well).