Solved: Filing a 2017 1040x to deduct 2018 property taxes that were assessed and I prepaid in 2017 but that I did not deduct. Do I attach a copy of assessment or pay receipts?

Filing a 2017 1040x to deduct 2018 property taxes that were assessed and I prepaid in 2017 but that I did not deduct. Do I attach a copy of assessment or pay receipts?

Proof of payment should not be attached to your amended tax return. Keep the receipts in your files in case the IRS ever questions the deduction. 

Should I attach a copy of the township assessor's statement to prove the property taxes were assessed?

No do not attach anything to your amended tax return.