turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bcollis
Returning Member

Don't see where to input energy credit for central air installed in 2017?

I installed a new HVAC in 2017.  "Under the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 which was signed in February 2018, a number of tax credits for residential energy efficiency that had expired at the end of 2016 were renewed. Tax credits for non-business energy property are now available retroactive to purchases made through December 31, 2017."  In Turbotax, it says that qualified central air and furnaces are eligible.  However, when I get to where to input the numbers...I do not see a place for Central Air...I only see a place to input the furnace.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Enter that under Energy Efficient Building Property. If you click the Learn More link, it says: "Examples of energy-efficient building property include: electric heat pump water heater, central air conditioner, natural gas, propane, or oil water heater, or a stove that burns biomass fuel to heat your home or heat water. You may also include the amounts paid for the assembly, preparation, and installation of these items."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Enter that under Energy Efficient Building Property. If you click the Learn More link, it says: "Examples of energy-efficient building property include: electric heat pump water heater, central air conditioner, natural gas, propane, or oil water heater, or a stove that burns biomass fuel to heat your home or heat water. You may also include the amounts paid for the assembly, preparation, and installation of these items."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies